The Women of the ELCA is the women’s ministry organization of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Our Purpose :
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and actions, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
Local Opportunities :
Some of the many ministries, activities, and projects of Our Savior’s Women include:
Two Bible study Circles
- 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7:30p.m.
- Last Thursday of the month, 9:30a.m.
Sponsor a Prayer Chain
- if you have a prayer concern contact Gloria Sharp to begin the prayer chain
Host special events (such as)
- Sweetheart Dinner in February
- Shrove Tuesday Breakfast – the day before Ash Wednesday
(February 28, 2017, 6:30a.m., Fellowship Hall)
- Mother/ Daughter Tea – Spring
(April 30, 2017, 2p.m., Fellowship Hall)
- Christmas Salad Supper – December
(December 4, 2017, 6:30p.m., Fellowship Hall)
- usually tie quilts 2nd and 4th Thursdays (subject to change) in
Assemble Easter baskets for Samaritan Center
(March 19, 2017, 10a.m., Fellowship Hall)
Assemble Personal Care Kits and School Kits for Lutheran World Relief
(ongoing throughout the year)
Host two Ladies Day Out
When you participate in the ministries, activities, and projects of Our Savior’s Women, you will find:
- support on your faith journey
- opportunities to serve to make a difference
- Bible Study
- a community that prays together
- faith mentors and lifelong friendships
If you would like more information about Our Savior’s Women of the ELCA or have questions, please contact Gloria Sharp.